ICYMI — CREDO responds to the House passing the official rules of their impeachment inquiry. CREDO Action has been pushing Speaker Pelosi and House Dems for more than a year to impeach Donald Trump, take a look at our organizing below.
“Today’s vote proves three important things. First, the majority of House members are now publicly in line with the majority of Americans who are ready to impeach Donald Trump. Second, the Republican Party is completely captured by the corrupt bigot who leads it, and not a single Republican can be counted on to choose our democracy over their Party,” said CREDO Action co-director Heidi Hess. “And finally that Speaker Pelosi can whip her caucus on impeachment anytime she wants to — it’s time to put broad articles of impeachment that encompass all of Trump’s high crimes and misdemeanors on the House floor for a vote. We are at a critical moment where we can set a precedent that Trump’s abuses in all their forms are unacceptable for whoever holds the office of the president. We can’t wait any longer; Donald Trump needs to be impeached and removed.”
More on CREDO’s organizing around impeachment:
- CREDO has been calling for Trump’s impeachment for more than a year.
- We issued a report outlining how there is constitutional grounds for Trump’s racist abuses to also be impeachable offenses, in cooperation with Free Speech for People, By the People, and Equal Justice Society.
- We recently joined with nearly a dozen grassroots groups to launch ImpeachNow.org, to organize our millions of members nationwide to ask their members of Congress about impeaching Donald Trump immediately during the October recess.
- In recent months, we have ramped up our activism with protests in New York, San Francisco, and Washington, including disrupting an award ceremony honoring Speaker Nancy Pelosi in August.
- In May, we joined a coalition of progressive organizations to deliver more than 10 million petition signatures to Congress in support of impeachment.
- In June, we brought together dozens of organizations to draft and send a letter calling out Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “dangerous inaction” on impeachment.