ICYMI — After the WH counsel just sent a letter on behalf of Trump to the House Democrats saying no one in the Trump administration will cooperate with the investigations, CREDO released the following statement:
“It’s absolutely outrageous that Donald Trump sent a letter to Congress informing them that he is above the Constitution and every law in America. House Democrats need to move immediately and use all the power at their disposal to compel testimony and delivery of documents, hold administration officials accountable for their contempt of Congress and draft articles of impeachment that span all of Trump’s crimes,” said CREDO Action co-director Heidi Hess. “If Speaker Pelosi and leadership continue to drag their feet, they are giving tacit approval of the ridiculous arguments laid out in the White House counsel’s letter. We can’t wait any longer.”
More on CREDO’s organizing on impeachment:
- CREDO has been calling for Trump’s impeachment for more than a year.
- We issued a report outlining how there is constitutional grounds for Trump’s racist abuses to also be impeachable offenses, in cooperation with Free Speech for People, By the People, and Equal Justice Society.
- We recently joined with nearly a dozen grassroots groups to launch ImpeachNow.org, to organize our millions of members nationwide to ask their members of Congress about impeaching Donald Trump immediately during the October recess.
- In recent months, we have ramped up our activism with protests in New York, San Francisco, and Washington, including disrupting an award ceremony honoring Speaker Nancy Pelosi in August.
- In May, we joined a coalition of progressive organizations to deliver more than 10 million petition signatures to Congress in support of impeachment.
- In June, we brought together dozens of organizations to draft and send a letter calling out Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “dangerous inaction” on impeachment.
CREDO Action, part of CREDO Mobile, is a social change network of millions of activists, sending tens of millions of petition signatures and hundreds of thousands of phone calls to decision-makers each year. CREDO Action members also participate in meetings, protests and other direct action for progressive change.