Not For You,” will be in Washington D.C. from Tuesday-Thursday
Today’s mobile billboard launch was timed to coincide with the seven year anniversary of the collapse of Lehman Brothers – a key moment in a financial crash caused by greed, recklessness and outright fraud. Mary Jo White represents a pre-Lehman mentality of deference to Wall Street – and it is long past time for President Obama to replace her.
The “Dump (Mary Jo) Truck” will travel between Union Station, K Street and the White House from Tuesday September 15 until Thursday September 17.
A high-res version of the image displayed on the truck can be viewed here:
The launch of the “Dump (Mary Jo) Truck” represents an escalation in CREDO’s ongoing campaign to pressure President Obama to replace Mary Jo White as SEC Chair:
- 115,000+ CREDO ACTIVISTS HAVE SIGNED PETITION DEMANDING REMOVAL OF MARY JO WHITE: Following a scathing report from the Project on Government Oversight earlier this year, more than 115,000 CREDO activists signed a petition asking President Obama to “replace Mary Jo White as Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission with someone who will stand up to Wall Street.”
- OVER 1,200 CALLS TO WHITE HOUSE DEMANDING REMOVAL OF MARY JO WHITE: More than 1,200 CREDO activists have also called the White House to demand new leadership at the SEC that will stand up to Wall Street.
- THOUSANDS OF TWEETS KEEP THE HEAT ON SEC VIA SOCIAL MEDIA: To date CREDO Action members have posted more than 6,300 tweets mentioning @SEC_news to sustain public pressure on the SEC.
CREDO activists have also worked to keep up the pressure on the SEC and other federal agencies to stop granting waivers to banks that have been caught rigging exchange and interest rates:
- 140,000+ DEMAND PUBLIC HEARINGS ON BANK WAIVERS: After Mary Jo White sided with the SEC’s Republican commissioners to grant waivers to five banks that recently pled guilty to felony charges for rigging exchange and interest rates, more than 144,000 CREDO activists demanded that the Department of Labor hold public hearings on the waivers and rigorously investigate allegations of wrongdoing before granting any exemptions in the future.”
- 650+ PHONE CALLS DIRECTLY TO KEY SEC STAFFERS ON BANK WAIVERS: The SEC and its staff aren’t used to hearing from anyone but big corporations – but that changed recently. CREDO activists have now made 676 calls to the direct phone lines of key SEC staffers urging them to immediately stop granting waivers to criminal corporations. Check out the call tool here: http://act.credoaction.com/survey/SEC_waivers_calls/
CREDO Action, part of CREDO Mobile, is a social change network of 3.8 million activists, sending millions of petition signatures and more than 50,000 phone calls to decision-makers each year. CREDO Action members also participate in meetings, protests and other direct actions for progressive change.